Monday, February 9, 2009

A Classic Bunch

Yes, it's Monday and as promised I've put together my own who-is-who-driving-what-kind-of-car post and it's gonna be long, so I hope you have your tea and whiskey full to the brim. I know that my cohorts, comrades in arms (or fingers), sidekicks and blogger pals have been waiting with abated breath to see just what the Magnificent 7 and Dinah Shore singing about Chevrolets have in common. To be honest, I have just not been feeling the creative mojo lately and I've wanted to do the whole 'so-n'-so reminds me of this', but who can compete with Katdish, Helen, Sherri, Steph... That's a lot of pressure on a gal. So I decided to just bag the whole idea. Until Friday, when I was applying the second coat of Almay Sensitive Eyes Blackest Black mascara in the most un Tammy Faye Baker way possible to my lovely lashes, and it hit me like a herd of lemmings. Classic characters in classic Chevy's. DANG! I can't tell you how fast the ideas started coming. It was like Captain Creative showed up and and did the little finger dance on my brain. Finally.

Now, I know that our little group has grown way beyond seven, but I wanted to keep this first post simple and focus on what Helen has so graciously pointed out to be an extremely Biblical number. Seven days, seven churches, seven eyes, seven gifts (and we are the gifts that keep on giving) and, I tend to think of us as the Magnificent 7. So seven it is. And since I've likened us to a classic movie, what could be better than that turning my friends into classic characters.

As you may or may not know, I am a fabulous wife because for my husbands 40th birthday, I bought him a 69' Camaro. You see, at our house we have a theme. Chevrolet. Jon has collected classic cars since he was a kid and still has the 72' Chevelle he bought when he was 16. Then there was the 70' SS El Camino, my 61 Biscayne, a 70 shortbox truck, Suburbans, Blazers, Tahoes...you get the idea. This is a Chevy family - we do not speak the 'F' word here. (We even have a 'Chevy Parking Only' sign in our driveway. Seriously. But if you drive an 'eFbomb' to our house we will be gracious and let you park it in front of the neighbors house.) So, not only will you be delighted at who I likened you to in the movies, but you will also be driving one very awesome classic Chevy to boot.

***********************************************************************************
STEPH & KATDISH

As promised, Steph, you're first...but you have to share with Katdish. URG! I know. She always steals the spotlight, but as I was doing the micro fish thing through my brain it stopped on Thelma and Louise. I had contemplated Laverne and Shirley, but they were just not sassy enough. I loved Thelma (Steph) and Louise(Katdish). Now, I know that you're not going to leave your miserable husbands behind for a girls weekend, shoot a guy for trying to rape you, run from the law and drive your car off a cliff to your death(although the Ford was no loss). No, I picked Thelma and Louise because not only do they eminate cool in this picture, just like you, but you two remind me of the rebels of blogdom, sassy, witty, not taking any crap and blazing a trail wherever you go. I can see you two saying this:

Thelma(Steph): You said you 'n' me was gonna get out of town and for once just really let our hair down. Well darlin', look out 'cause my hair is comin' down!

Louise(Kat): You've always been crazy, this is just the first chance you've had to express yourself.

The one bummer about the movie was the car they drive is a ffff Thunderbird. So, to cool you chicks up, and make you look totally hot(t) as your cruising through the desert, I'm going to put you in a 1966 Chevelle. I can't have my gals not riding in style. And, 'somebody said get a life...so they did.'

*************************************************************************************
SHERRI

Everyone knows that our favorite redhead is Sherri. And who else could remind us more of Sherri, than Lucy. That's right, everyone loves em' some Lucy. She was funny, kooky, witty, a true friend, crazy, sassy and a barrel of laughs. We never knew what was coming next, just like our lovely friend Sherri. She's a precious little peach that keeps us on our toes.

Now sass may come in small packages, but it deserves a whole lotta class when it comes to the wheels. I think Sherri needs a little 1957 Corvette Convertable in R.E.D. (yes, you can drive it in heels) because THIS screams, 'Well, I'm your Vitavigavegivat Girl. Are you tired, run down, listless? Do you pop out at parties? Are you unpoopular?'
Classy.

***********************************************************************************
HELEN

Ahhh, Helen. What isn't there to love about our totally awesome daughter to mom, wife to Bob friend. She is, in my book, a Mrs. C. Yes, who didn't love the lovable Mrs. Cunningham. She was a little naive, always positive, a ray of sunshine and she took care of her family with a smile on her face. Just as I believe Helen probably does.

Like Mrs. C, I think there is a little bit of rebel in Helen. Yes, from what I know 'behind the scenes' of Helen, she may seem naive, but I think if a 1969 RS/SS 427 4-speed Camaro in Cortez Silver with Black SS Stripes showed up at her house, you would see a little 'All Fired Up' come out in Helen. This is one of the coolest cars ever and I'm thinking if Helen was behind the wheel in this little prize there'd be some serious smokey burnouts going on. Buckle up Bob, because Helen is gonna take you for the ride of your life. If you don't like it, 'Sit on it.'

*************************************************************************************
BETH

How about that Beth. She appears to be the most angelic of all. Naive, sensitive, devoted mother, wife, worship leader, but a little of the rebel comes out when she's hangin' out with the M7 crowd and has too much coffee. She's got a big heart and a sweet smile and she's just like our favorite character from Grease, Sandy.

While Sandy wasn't a mother like Beth, she was sensible. Now, sensible doesn't mean driving a minivan (ugh!) to cart your little cherubs around. No, sensible is driving one totally rad car and looking cool at the same time. If I win the lottery, Beth is going to be the coolest turning-heads mom ever because she's driving a 1957 Nomad 2-door station wagon. I luuuhhhhv this car. "Why, this car is Auto-matic. Its System-matic. Its Hyyyyydro-matic. Why, its...!"

*************************************************************************************
MARE

So, how do you find a word that means Maria or Mary Ann? I loved the Sound of Music growing up. I wanted to be Maria VonTrapp. A simple young woman who wanted to be a nun, but the sense of adventure was stirring a little too much in her heart. Just like Mare. (And how fitting that we can now call her Maria.) Mare is on a big adventure. She's drawn to the young children in the orphanage, singing, dancing, taking care of those around her, climbing every 'mountain', fording every stream, following every rainbow, until she finds her dream.

With all of this traveling and fording she needs something to drive. What she has just isn't going to do. So, I'm going to lend Mare my 1961 Impala (ok, I sold mine, but if I had one, I'd let her borrow it because that's how I roll). Maybe because this was my first foray into the classisc, I have a special place in my heart for this particular car, but one has to admit, this is a freakin' awesome car. Mare is going to find that travelling the road to her dream will be a much smoother in this rad little ride. 'So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu.'

*************************************************************************************
ANNIE

I had to pull in some help for this one, since I see myself differently than others. I was looking for someone with some attitude and slaying skills, but Sigourney Weaver in Alien was a little over the top. So, when Katdish suggested Xena, I was all over that. Basically, Xena's on a quest to seek redemption for her past sins as a ruthless warlord so she uses her fierce fighting skills to help people. The difference between Xena and myself is that I know no amount of good I do will redeem me from my past sins, but if I could have that bod and wield a sword like she does that would be awesomeness.

Since I'm out there kickin' butt and doing good in the name of the people, I'm sure I'll need a zippy little sportscar to outrun the bad guys. All I need is room for my sword and shield, so a 1963 Corvette ought to do the trick. Plus, it comes with a blue ribbon and I'm sure that is for all of the good I've done. Now if you'll excuse me while I "take the village!!"

*************************************************************************************
I know...I know... I said SEVEN. But even the Three Muskateers made room for a fourth, so I'm adding an eighth (besides, it's my blog and I can do what I want.) Candace Jean has become a regular around here and so I thought she deserves to be included as well.

CANDACE JEAN

When I first came up with this whole idea, the person I thought of for Candace was Grace Kelly in To Catch a Thief, one of my favorite movies of all time. She was poised, beautiful, charming, classy and even a little bit sassy. I can't think of anyone more fitting for Candace.

Of course, such a woman deserves the classiest of cars. I'm sure Candace Jean will be right at home behind the wheel of this beautiful 1957 Belair Convertable. A car fit for a princess who thinks, "Diamonds are a gorgeous product. I am a huge fan of their versatility.”

So, there you have it and hopefully I did everyone justice. It's late and I'm outta here.

15 comments:

sherri said...

Brilliant!
Are you worn out?

And yes, I've always identified with Lucy. Always!

This was a blast to read!
And I have a comment to make on Helen's star choice.

"Mrs. Cunningham" (Marian Ross) came to our area to be the mistress of ceremony for the opening of a lavish Civic Center.

She was DRUNK while delivering her speech! Very obviously SLAP HAPPY drunk!
I think she found Helen's Dramboui!

This was very creative Annie and Big Al is a Chevy Man (of course you knew that) although I drive a 10 year old used Mercedes! I like your choice for me much better!

If Big Al gets his Harley, I'm going to try to find THIS car for me to sport around in.

Annie K said...

I'm glad you liked the choice Sherri, but Big Al is going to have to sell several 'binches' of cars because this one is going to cost you several hundred grand. You didn't think I'd pick just any el cheapo for you did you?

Hmmmmm...I think you may be right about Mrs. C.

Candace Jean July 16 said...

You must have googled all night! Never has my name been in the same sentence as "poised, beautiful, charming, classy." Wow, wait 'til I tell my husband. "My wife, the car." Wasn't that a TV show? No wait...My Mother the Car. Oh well.

I am humbled beyond measure.
Vroom. Vroom.

sherri said...

Annie, Big Al deals in WHOLESALE cars, so maybe I'll get a good deal!

Steph at The Red Clay Diaries said...

I'm honored to be paired with Katdish and not have it be Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck.
("Rabbit Season!" "Duck Season!" "Rabbit Season!" "FIRE!")

And I'm really glad you didn't have us driving off the cliff. ;)

Also? We're a Toyota family. Can we still be friends?

Annie K said...

Steph, don't tell anyone, but my daughter drives a 4-runner. She has to park on the side of the house though.

Helen said...

Nice job, Annie. I didn't see this coming. I thought you were going to liken us to the characters in the movie Magnificent 7. I thought to myself, holey moley, if she did all of us from our blog, would we be the Dirty Dozen?
I like Mrs. C. Remember when she and Fonzie took dancing lessons? I bet she could lead a supermarket salsa! And I like Pat Benatar.
Sherri, somehow I like her even better now that I know she drinks a little. I just hope she loves Jesus...

katdish said...

Annie - That was fantastic! I even forgive you for comparing me to Susan Sarandon, because she made that movie before she went entirely crazy. Thanks -- that was really cool!

Candy's car looks like it has a big butt - was that intentional?

Annie K said...

@ Helen, Thanks and yes, I'm sure she loves Jesus. ;)

Katdish, the car didn't go with you and Thelma...

Beth said...

Yay! I'm Sandy! Do I get a cool Aussie accent? I love Grease...

Have to say I'm just a little jealous you get the Corvette, though. I've always secretly wanted one just a little bit...but it won't exactly fit three car seats in it! So I'm very happy with my super glam station wagon instead! Much better than the dying Chevy Venture...

And you'll be very happy to know that I detest Fords as well. I have a good story about a Ford that went up in flames the day we bought it. That was a bad day.

Helen said...

Oh, BTW, love the camarro, and the way the front end is bigger than the back end. That would be nice...;-)

sherri said...

So now, are we the "Elite 8"?

Annie K said...

Is that a TV show?

My next big one is gonna be for the guys. I think they'll be pleasantly surprised. ;)

Mare said...

ahaha! I loved this! They were so right on.

I'm pretty excited about your pick for me...including the car. Too bad you got rid of yours or you might have me coming to Bend afterall. =)

This was so fun...well done!

小貓咪 said...

情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,視訊美女,視訊做愛,正妹牆,美女交友,玩美女人,美女,美女寫真,美女遊戲,hi5,hilive,hi5 tv,a383,微風論壇,微風,伊莉,伊莉討論區,伊莉論壇,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,plus,痴漢論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性愛,性感影片,校園正妹牆,正妹,AV,AV女優,SEX,走光,a片,a片免費看,A漫