Sunday, September 13, 2009

The First Signs Of Fall

I love summer, but there is something about the days just before fall when the sun sits a little lower, the first leaves start to change, the air feels just a little crisper and the woods are a little more still. It is days like these, where the temperature is hovering around 80 that I love to be out hiking along the river.

Today was one of those days, so I grabbed Boz and my camera and headed out to the woods. I thought I'd share a few pictures from my hike.

The first sign of fall...



The meadow...



The trail...



Boz going down when we should be going up...



The beginning of the rapids...







The view from above...



The long road back...

11 comments:

Candace Jean July 16 said...

I think you must live in the most beautiful place on earth! And thanks for the Sunday Boz fix! I just love that pup...

Doug Spurling said...

Thanks for the awesomeness. I just got off the lake and was thinking about the beauty of fall.

sherri said...

Fall is my favorite season- can't wait for the leaves to turn. Annie, if I lived near this place, I would never go inside.

Amrita said...

Oh Annie you livein such surroundings of natural beauty and serenity. Indeed a blessing of our Creator God who fashions all beauty.

Boz is also enjoying the walk.

When i lived in the Himalays my place was similar to this. I miss it a lot.

Helen said...

We used to go for walks in the forest preserve in autumn.
The leaves are only just starting to turn here. One tree near my house is getting red and orange leaves. It will take a couple more weeks to really get autumny here.

Those are some lovely pictures.

Steph @Red Clay Diaries said...

Annie,

Those were beautiful! You do live in a paradise, and it's good that you don't take it for granted.

(When I lived overlooking the ocean in San Diego, I didn't appreciate it nearly enough.)

I love fall too. Not many signs here in GA yet, but we can feel it in the air. Or maybe that's just the pollen...

Annie K said...

No, no taking it for granted. Although I don't get to spend nearly as much time in that beauty as I'd like.

Beth said...

Thanks for sharing these! I do miss the visits to Oregon so much now that my grandparents no longer live there. :( The weather here has been fab, though, too, and I've been trying to get out every day while it's still here!!

Wendy said...

Boz Boz Boz Boz... Oh, and the rest of the pictures are lovely, too. :o)

We're just starting to see some colors changing up here, too. I love that!

katdish said...

I swear...

I can't believe we have the same camera. Your pictures are so much better than mine.

Hi Boz! Come see me!

Billy Coffey said...

Dang, Annie. That's just freaking beautiful. You need to find you a nice little cabin and sit on the porch all day.