Sunday, October 18, 2009

Is She Really Old Enough for Senior Pictures?

I don't know when it started, but as long as I can remember, senior pictures have been a 'right of passage' for any senior in high school. Well, today was the day that Kenzi, her best friend 'Nay', the dog and I trudged out into the woods to take Kenzi's senior pictures.

It's hard to believe that my first born is already 17, will graduate in a few short months and then sprint as fast as she can into a life of her own (which is exactly what her mother did). It just dawned on me that my dad did my senior pictures and I guess it was a given that I would always do Kenzi's, since photography is a hobby/passion of mine.

For the past few weeks I have been searching out the perfect spot for Kenzi's pictures when Boz and I are out hiking. I found an arm of the river where the creek bed has dried up except for a slow trickle and the bushes that line the bed are in full fall color. So, today we trudged up a trail, maneuvered down an embankment, slid over still wet river rocks (a few times nearly falling on our backsides), smiled, struck poses, laughed at Boz chasing chipmunks and got some great pictures. So, here's my little girl.


Striking a pose...



..is always more fun with your best friend.



Yes, the shoes make the dress!



...and I believe I see some her mother's attitude in that look (ehem!).



Of course Boz has to be a part of the action...



..so he strikes a pose showing his 'best side'.



Making ripples in the water.



Beautiful in black and white...



..and in full color.





Oh, that smile!

11 comments:

Diane said...

She's beautiful... does it make you feel old to have a senior? Of course, I WILL be old by the time mine is a senior :)

Amrita said...

Your is very beautiful. L\She looks so lovely in all the pictures.

Look at Boz , she does not want to be left behind.

My neice will turn 17 this week. Guess she will also hafve her senior pictures taken

Candace Jean July 16 said...

What beautiful pictures of Kenzi! Looks like you had a blast taking them. And I love Boz's "pose" on the hill. Show off!

Billy Coffey said...

Wow, Annie. Those are great pictures! What a pretty gal.

Rebecca on The Homefront said...

Oh, Annie, she's so beautiful! I can see so much of you in her, too. I love these pics (Especially the one with Boz trying to steal the spotlight...what a cutie!)

Helen said...

She looks absolutely stunning. She must take after her mother (the Hungarian side of the family. :-)

katdish said...

Wow! Great pictures! She really looks like you, Annie! Beautiful.

Beth said...

Wow! Those are beautiful. My fave is the one with her reaching into the water. Just gorgeous!

Steph @Red Clay Diaries said...

I'll chime in with more praise: She's gorgeous and does look a lot like you, Annie! I love your photography! And Boz is the bomb!

Charlie and I were just talking last night about how time keeps accelerating. I bet senior pics for our 6th grader will be here in the blink of an eye.

sherri said...

Gorgeous shots- she looks beautiful.

I love the making ripples shot. And boz...fearless on the mountain!

Mulled Vine said...

The last is my favourite, also the one with the dog on its own on the rock.