Sunday, October 4, 2009

The First...

I know, I know...it's been a few weeks since my last post, and I have some really wonderful excuses as to why I've neglected my blog. (Did you think I was going to tell you what they were?)

Anyway, I finally have a few days off and thought I should quit being so lame and post something (anything) on my blog. Since it's snowing like crazy at the moment and the 3-4 inches that have accumulated are keeping me house bound, I thought I'd post a few 'first' pictures. (Hey, it's something.)

****************************************************************************
Yesterday was opening day of deer slaying season and Killian secured his first buck tag this year. He has been waiting 'forever' for this hunting trip with his grandparents and a few hours into opening day, he dropped his first buck with one shot. I don't think he's stopped smiling since.

The First Buck


****************************************************************************
As I mentioned, it's snowing. Apparently we had summer last week (80 degree temps) and winter this week. I don't know what happened to fall but it appears mother nature doesn't think we need to bother with that season.

Oh, and would someone please call Al Gore and tell him global warming is a bunch of left-wing hooey. Thanks.

The First Snow










*******************************************************************************
I had to bring out the winter recipes from the vault last night even though I'd still rather be BBQ'ing. I'm just not going to stand out in the rain/sleet/snow to do it. So I made a huge pot of lentils and if you'd like the recipe for this tasty looking dish, you can find it on mine and Helen's food blog.

The First Winter Dinner


********************************************************************************
I did manage to get some pictures posted on my photo blog, so feel free to wander over to 'Annie's Daily Picture' (which has not been so 'daily' lately) and catch a glimpse of what I see when I get behind the lense.

The First 'Fall' Hike



And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go shovel some snow...

9 comments:

katdish said...

Boz! He looks like he enjoys the snow. And that lentil soup looks yummy. Can you send me some?

Candace Jean July 16 said...

I know what Boz is thinking in that first picture - "NOSE TUNNELS!! NOSE TUNNELS!! TIME TO PAW-TY!"

I did two winter soups today - no snow here but f-f-f-freezing!

Helen said...

That soup does look good.

Shark Bait said...

One of the dis/advantages of where I live is that we don't get any snow.

So while it looks like fun, I think you can keep it.

Beth said...

Snow! Well, we had to turn the heat on yesterday for the first time...but no snow...hopefully for a good month or so. I love me some fall weather!

And of course, BOZ!! Always so very stinkin' cute.

Go, Killian, too. Wow. I don't think I could do deer hunting. I have a friend here who's first grade son was asked in school was season it was. He answered, "Deer hunting season." Ha!

Billy Coffey said...

Forget the soup, let's talk about that deer! Freaking awesome. Tell me you're making jerky. And then send me some.

And you really need to put a lift on that truck...

Doug Spurling said...

Shovel snow? Naw, let's be religious about this...the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. He put the snow there and He will take it away... around April or May.

Candace Jean July 16 said...

Oh please Billy, no jerky from that sweet little Bambi.... Give me soup, or give me death.

Amrita said...

Congrats to Killian for making his first kill.

Looks like winter has stepped on your door!