Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Love Out of the Box

Perhaps everyone has their own definition of what the word love means to them and it's possible that it is misused and probably overused in describing every day things. While I'm sure I throw the word love around rather carelessly, I don't like the thought of putting love in a box to only be used in describing how I feel towards someone. So, here are my out-of-the-box thoughts on what I think love is.


Love Is...

Waking up to the beauty of a sunrise.



And witnessing that same beauty in a sunset.



Love Is...

Your childhood memories.



And your children's childhood memories.



Love Is...

Finding your passion.



Love Is...

Feeling drawn to a place,



no matter what the season.



Love Is...

Letting the underdog win, just because.



Love Is...

Being in a place that brings you great peace.



Love Is...

Immediate family.



And extended family.



Love Is...

Life long friends.



Love Is...

Acting like a kid again.



Love Is...

Reflecting His majesty.



Love Is...

Never forgetting



the great price that's been paid.



Love Is...

Forgiving others for their mistakes.



Love Is...

The smile of a child.



Love Is...

Hanging out together.



Is it so small a thing
To have enjoy'd the sun,
To have lived light in the spring,
To have loved, to have thought, to have done...


Matthew Arnold

17 comments:

Jamey said...

Beautiful Annie...I think love is too big to fit into any box. :)

Candace Jean July 16 said...

Love is you, Annie. Boz, too. Is it any coincidence that dog is God spelled backwards? Their faithfulness and unconditional love abound. And God doesn't always let you win the race down hill, but we get to our destination in His time.

Matt @ The Church of No People said...

Great pics, Annie. Thanks for sharing!

Marni said...

This is my favorite posting by you yet. Your pictures and the words with them are stunning! Thanks so much for a great start to my day. And give Boz a hug from me because his pictures made me smile so big :-)

S. Etole said...

What a wonderful expression of love

Rebecca on The Homefront said...

I suppose after that wonderful post I shouldn't use the word "love"...but can I say I *heart* this? :) What a perfect mix of poignancy and laughter...I think you captured love exactly, Annie! Thanks for the wonderful pictures.

Anonymous said...

don't catch a cold..................................................

Billy Coffey said...

That was awesome, Annie. I saw only one thing wrong--the jacked-up VW? NOT a mistake.

katdish said...

Love is...

Boz!

Awesome pics, Annie!

Bridget Chumbley said...

Great photos and words, Annie.... thanks so much for sharing them with us!

Glynn said...

In short, love is a day-to-day reality. Great post (and photos).

JoAnne Bennett said...

Wow, the pictures shared such a beautiful story of "love."

vanityofvanities said...

Yep. You hit the nail on the head!

Amrita said...

Love your beautiful pictorial description of love.

sherri said...

Wonderful! I LOVE it! The pics, the words, your heart. I LOVE you Annie!

nAncY said...

great sharing

Jamey said...

Hi Annie...thanks for thinking about me and for the encouragement. And know that I am praying for you and your daughter.