Monday, February 8, 2010

Patience Revealed

By nature I am not the most patient person. I've come to realize that part of that is because the feelings of restlessness I've felt for as long as I can remember and partly because it's just not a virtue I've perfected. It is definitely something I wish I had more of and practiced more often.

While I am not the role model for patience, I know how I picture it, and this is what I see:

Patience is...

Being cooped up indoors because it's pouring down rain,



So you count the drops on the window to pass the time until the rain stops...



Patience is...

Waiting for just the right photo opportunity.



Patience is....

Replanting after the summer frost,



Because the wait is well worth the reward.



Patience is...

Making sure you have enough snacks while waiting for the fish to bite.



Patience is...

Waiting for whatever is going to come around the bend.



Patience is...

Knowing that even though it seems like winter will never end,



Spring will always make an appearance.



The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.

For more of the blog carnival on Patience, please visit One Word at a Time.

11 comments:

S. Etole said...

I love that last line ...

katdish said...

I love your picture/word posts, Annie. Beautiful!

Bridget Chumbley said...

Such beautiful pictures and thoughts, Annie.

The dog really stands out to me because you know all he wants to do is get out there and play... you can see it in his eyes. This is really easy to relate to!

~*Michelle*~ said...

"The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it. "

Of course the farmer in me just LOVED this part the best!

Great post, Annie!

Amrita said...

Patince is something I desire to develop in my life too.

I really like your photo dictionary of patience

Marni said...

I love that last line! And the photos were beautiful. I just wanna hug Boz everytime I see a photo of him :-)

Glynn said...

This is beautiful, both in the words and the photos. Thank you.

Nick the Geek said...

But you get the omelet by smashing the egg, well breaking it gently so you don't get shells in your omelet.

Kathleen said...

The train track picture...spoke the words.

M.L. Gallagher said...

Waht a great photo/word journal on patience!

I really enjoyed the wonder of it all.

Louise

Sandra Heska King said...

I love this. It's like reading a picture book.