Tuesday, February 15, 2011

So, I Have A Question For You

Okay, I'm admittedly not a fan of CBS news and because I don't watch it, I cannot give an informed opinion about their news corespondent Lara Logan. Mainly because I haven't actually viewed any of her on air reporting and have only read snippets of her commentary, of which I mostly disagree with. However, I do admire her tenacity for reporting on the front lines and I think this lady's got some serious guts to do what she does.

I was dismayed to read that while Lara was reporting last Friday from Tahrir Square in Cairo she became separated from her crew in the crush of a mob and was brutally attacked, beaten and sexually assaulted by a group of men. I can't imagine anything more terrifying than that and the pain and agony she's suffering must be immensely horrible.

So imagine how appalled I was to read this and this. The first is an article about a fellow at NYU who feels we 'have to find the humor in the small things' because he disagrees with her politics or reporting. Before today, I knew as much about Nir Rosen as I do about making a nuclear bomb, which is nothing. So, I did some reading on him. I found that while his merits and published works may be impressive, his blatant piss-on-her comments aren't. What NYU should do is immediately condemn his ignorantly pig-headed comments, revoke his fellowship and then his wife Tiffany should drop-kick his arse into tomorrow.

The latter is a post written by Debbie Schlussel who is a political commentator, columnist, attorney, radio talk show host, blah...blah...blah. Let me say that while she may be Conservative she DOES NOT represent all Conservatives with her holier-than-thou spewage in this post. Especially me. In fact, her 'she deserved what she got' attitude makes me so mad I could spit. It's the complete and utter lack of empathy that has me baffled and whether you agree or not with someones politics, beliefs and views I can't believe people are so callous that they revel in satisfaction when such heinous crimes are committed against a fellow human being.

What is wrong with people?

Unfreakingbelievable.

4 comments:

Helen said...

Absolutely appalling! I don't know what else to say.

Candy said...

Makes me physically sick to my stomach. Ugh.

Third post in a week?

Marni said...

I just read about this story last night and just was sick for that poor woman and what she endured (still endures...) I haven't read your linked stories yet, but if they involve anything that says "she had it coming", then may God have mercy on their hard heartedness.

jasonS said...

I hadn't heard about that. Thoroughly disturbing. Lord, help us all...