Monday, August 10, 2009

A Young Mother, Her Baby And A Family In Need

When I started this blog over a year ago, I didn't have a specific purpose in mind except to do a little writing and maybe meet a few people along the way. Recently, I have felt as though I am being 'prodded' to take my blog in a different direction and use it as a platform to help those in need. Honestly, I feel rather un-knowledgable in the area of how to specifically go about this and ill-equipped when it comes to ministering to those in need. And while I have big doubts about my own abilities in starting something like this, I know that the circumstances surrounding the initial idea of The Hope Road Trip and the people that have been put in front of me who need help are not of my own doing. I don't know how this whole thing will unfold or how long it will take, but in the meantime, I am going to follow my heart on this, obey what I believe God is asking me to do, follow where He leads and learn from the large doses of humility that it appears are much needed in my life.

*******************************************************************

After arriving at work the other morning, I opened up my email to find a message that had been forwarded to all of the staff. It was from the friend of a local family who have been a part of this community for many, many years and are in need of financial help for a severe illness their daughter is dealing with. The greeting read,

"Hi to all... This is a request for help."

Sherm and Janice Hess are friends of ours who retired after teaching many years in La Pine. Their son Steve and his wife Tammy graduated from Bend High. Steve and Tammy's daughter Keshia Cramer (husband Aaron) is being treated at Sacred Heart in Springfield, where she's been in ICU since July 5. A U of O student, Keshia was pregnant, contracted Swine Flu, and then developed severe pneumonia. Keshia is now a mother--though she doesn't know that yet--to baby girl Presley, who was about two pounds when delivered. Both are making progress although I'm sure you recognize the journey is difficult--and costly. Your donations, as well as your positive thoughts and prayers, are appreciated.

As of yesterday, the update on Keshia was:

It has been a blessing to finally have Keshia back! She was able to talk yesterday for the first time! No one can even explain how good it was to hear her voice. It had been over a month since the last time we had heard her talk! She is still on the vent when she needs to rest, but when the mask is put on over the trach; that is when she is able to talk. Her voice is still scratchy and she gets pretty tired from talking easily. She is working so hard with physical therapy and doing a great job! Hopefully today at six she will meet Presley for the first time! We are all just waiting for that time to come now! Keshia still has a lot of work ahead of her, but she can't wait to get started! Thank you for all the prayers and great thoughts!!

While Keshia is on the road to recovery, it is a long one and will continue at great expense. The exciting news is that after a month, she is finally going to meet her little baby girl who is a huge blessing amidst the incredible trial this family has been facing.

If you would like to make a donation or send a word of encouragement to the family, please contact me at buzzbyannies@gmail.com so that I can share with you how to do so.

If you would like to visit the website that has been set up for Keshia and Presley, you can do so here. It does require you to log in, but I'm sure the family will appreciate any words of encouragement you may want to leave. And of course, your prayers are greatly appreciated.

11 comments:

Beth said...

Wow, what a story.

One thing I really like is being a part of is a women's group whose main purpose is to raise money and help local people who need it. We meet once a month, pay dues or donations as we can, and do a couple fundraisers a year...yardsales, etc. Really, it's not that much of a time commitment and we are able to do a lot more together than we ever could by ourselves. Plus it's a great group of gals from a few different churches. At each meeting we ask if anyone knows of any needs and we help as much as we can with the funds we have.
Just an idea as I was reading this...

sherri said...

Annie- this is a wonderful thing you are doing. I'd say definitely you have found your blog purpose!

I'll go check out the site in a few.

Candace Jean July 16 said...

What a huge heart you have, Annie. Heading over to their blog now.

Debbie said...

what a great purpose for your voice!!

Sarah Salter said...

Annie, I love what you're doing here! What a loving ministry you have! Blessings on you and on these folks with such a need.

Amrita said...

I praise God how you are putting faith into action and reaching out. God will get the glory for this.

Prayers are going up for Keisha and Presley

Billy Coffey said...

Good for you, Annie. This is such a great idea, and I know God's already provided you with everything you need to do whatever it is He has in store. Great story, wonderful post.

Matt @ The Church of No People said...

Hey Annie, I think it's great what you're doing with your blog. Great work. That story is amazing.

Bradley J. Moore said...

Hey - You are going to be a huge inspiration to many people. Who knows the wave of goodness you will create from this initiative you feel God pulling you towards.

Blessings on you and your generous heart!

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , perhaps very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://ofopyhik.greatnow.com/tepuzuba.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Awesome post. Really enjoyed reading your blog posts.