Sunday, June 14, 2009

It Goes Beyond The Blog

I was recently asked why I started blogging. I guess it was because I had been reading and enjoying some random blogs and thought it would be an interesting way to do some writing and see where it takes me.

Writing has always come easy to me and I had some specific things I intended to write about, namely step-family life. But, because of one reason or another, I abandon that idea after writing only a few posts and after that, I was pretty directionless and decided to write whatever came to mind.

Lately, I've really struggled to write consistently and have avoided doing much in the way of posts that go deep inside the heart of Annie. I think the stress and restlessness that I deal with in my life has contributed somewhat to that and dealing with my own insecurity that the posts on my blog are pretty inadequate compared to some of the awesome bloggers I keep company with.

What I didn't expect when I started my blog was the friendships I would develop with others. I am amazed at the fact that there is an extremely 'eclectic' group of people who without the incredible world of blogging would most likely never have come to know each other. I mean really, who would actually believe that a Hungarian Catholic from Chicago, a crazy-arse Texan church planter, an empty-nester in North Carolina, a laundry-hating Georgian, a twenty-something missionary in Africa, a youth pastor who's as big a kid as the youth he pastors in DC, a mom who rocks the mike in Indiana, a stiletto wearing gal from a small town in Illinois, a Redneck from Virginia, and a little ol' gal from smack dab in the middle of Oregon would have anything in common (and this is just to name a few, because there are several more from New York to India). And who would believe that all these people email, talk on the phone, share hurts, fears and concerns, pray for each other and would really do anything for the other without ever having met face-to-face (with a few exceptions - of meeting face-to-face that is).

So, while my blog has not developed into what I envisioned, the friends I have come to know are something way more awesome and beyond anything I could have expected. I think God has definitely been behind this whole thing and He probably knew that I could use some really cool friends more than a blog that's read by the masses. And I'm OK with that, because every day I get to travel around the world and stop in for a visit with my buds. Oh, and just so you know, I prefer my iced tea without sugar, and extra lemon, if you don't mind.

*************************************************************************************

PS - If there is something you would like me to write about, throw it out there. I'm always up for a challenge.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

YAY i was mentioned!!! GO NYC!!!

You rock AnnieK! I am glad to know you!!

katdish said...

Aw, I love you too, Annie! It's been an incredible journey, hasn't it? I can't wait to meet face to face.

Annie K said...

CANDY, I'M SUCH A DORK. I SAID NC BUT MEANT IOWA. YES, I'M YELLING BECAUSE I WANT YOU TO KNOW I'M SORRY I GOOFED!!

Candace Jean July 16 said...

IT'S REALLY OK ANNIE CUZ I KNEW I WAS THE OLDEST, ER,... ONLY EMPTY NESTER AND I LIKE MY TEA THE SAME WAY YOU DO SO IT'S ALL GOOD.

We can stop yelling now...
And I'm loving this journey, too!

Billy Coffey said...

Though I only joined this freak parade fairly recently, I'm glad I did. You rock Annie, and you're welcome on my porch any time. Even if you do drink your tea wrong.

katdish said...

Billy - FREAK PARADE?!

Okay, yeah. That's fairly accurate.

Nick the Geek said...

I'm pretty glad to be the YP who's as big a kid as the youth over the nutjob from Texas (or just from Texas)

I really need to stop knocking Texas or God might send me that way.

Helen said...

Annie, I don't know what I imagined when I started blogging, but I never imagined I would meet friends and have it so good!
You do rock! I love you, Annie. You have spirit, and spirit rocks!


Candy, I thought Annie was just keeping your superidentiy secret from the masses ;-)

Beth said...

Haha. Eclectic was a good positive way to say it. Freak parade...well...

I am deeply thankful for having you as a friend, Annie. And I am so thankful for for every other friend in our eclectic freaky bunch, too. I don't think I would have laughed or prayed half as much during the last 8 or 9 months without you all.

小貓咪 said...

徵信社,徵信,徵信,徵信社,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,抓姦,徵信,徵信社,外遇,抓姦,尋人,徵信社,徵信,抓 姦,抓姦,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,外遇,抓姦,尋人,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信社,抓姦,徵信,外遇,徵信社,尋人,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信,徵信社,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信