Monday, June 22, 2009

Looking Up At My Lazy Day

What a great lazy weekend I had. Jon and I have the place to ourselves for an entire week and so we pretty much did a whole lotta nothing. Yesterday, after Jon washed the three cars (ehem) we laid down in the front yard and for a few hours, enjoyed the view, looking up.

Remember doing that as a kid? Looking up at the sky and trying to see what shapes were in the clouds? Life takes on a new perspective from that view, and here's a few pictures I captured.

(Note: There are some birds that have taken up residence in our birdhouse and every time I try to get a picture they hunker down. My patience paid off and I finally snapped their coming and going.)
















(Please do not call PETA, he only had a little 'lick' for the sake of a photo. And he's over 21.)

10 comments:

Wendy said...

I googled "Annie K boobs pictures" and I get a pic of a dog drinking beer? What's up with that?

*snort*

Helen said...

I don't see why PETA should have a problem with that picture...it's not as if you were feeding Boz meat or buying him a fur coat...

Billy Coffey said...

I'm gonna have to go and read that again. My eyes started blurring with tears when I saw that Camaro. So pretty...

Candace Jean July 16 said...

What a gorgeous day. Apparently you don't have the 105 degree heat index we do here, because if you did, Boz would need that beer in a frosty mug. And a haircut. And that Camaro would need to be a convertible.

Drool, Billy, drool. I'll admit, it's pretty sweet.

Michelle said...

I want that car and I want a beer!!!!

sherri said...

Great photos. I figured your dog would like a nice Merlot. No?

Steph @Red Clay Diaries said...

What a great way to spend a day! Although am I the only one who would've been sneezing and wheezing and itching after 15 minutes on the grass?

Also, I think if you'd asked Boz's opinion, he would've preferred a fresh bottle of gravy.

(Bob the Dog told me to tell you that.)

Annie K said...

@ Wendy, double snort!

@ Helen, I guess as long as he isn't the meat or fur coat either huh?

@ Billy, a pretty Camaro. I'm not gonna tell Jon since he already has a problem with the girly blue. Said I could drive it until he paints it cortez silver with black SS stripes. That screams man. Or something like that.

@ Candy, no, nothing close to 105. I had freaking frost last night that killed my squash.

@ Michelle, if you came for a visit you could have both.

@ Sherri, Boz only likes beer, margaritas and martinis. This I know. (ehem)

@ Steph, Bob the Dog is probably right. But a nice cold LeBatts comes in a close second.

katdish said...

What kind of camera do you have? You take some amazing pictures. And I'm totally calling PETA, and then offering to offer Boz shelter.

Amrita said...

Hi Annie Happy Lazy Day to you.

No I am not informing PETA just this time OK LOL