Monday, July 13, 2009

Life In The Not-So-Fast Lane

I can't imagine life in a faster lane than this. And here's why I prefer life in the not-so-fast lane, especially in the summer:

1. Twenty minutes down the road and I'm deep in the woods. That means pine trees, the river, wildlife and peace.

2. Sitting on my porch in the lazy afternoon hours does not include listening to traffic.

3. I'm surrounded by mountains. Big mountains. And lakes. Lots of lakes.

4. Camping is usually 'right up the road' and consists of lots of walks by the lake, many hours reading in the shade, and big ol' campfires in the evening.

5. Eating popsicles on the front porch.

6. Early morning coffee on the deck while enjoying the mountain views.

7. BBQ'ing with friends and letting the kids make s'mores for us around the fire pit.

8. Watching the garden grow. Finally.

9. Clear evening skies means lots of stars to see.

10. The sound of crickets and frogs in the evening.

These are just to name a few. What is your favorite thing about life in the not-so-fast lane?

10 comments:

RickNiekLikeBikes said...

That is a most peaceful list.

sherri said...

I enjoy the very same things (except I'd rather ride on the back of the Harley to get there.)

I ALWAYS prefer the slow lane.

Wendy said...

Boz butt spotted!

Couldn't help myself...

The Homefront said...

I'd say that list pretty well sums up my life in the not-so-fast lane, and is exactly why I love it!

Billy Coffey said...

Only Wendy...

Life in the fast lane does not appeal to me in the least. I'm a slow lane kinda guy for the very reasons you listed. I guess rednecks aren't confined to Virginia after all...

katdish said...

So, I change to white and you go black? Looks GREAT with the pictures.

That trail looks fantastic. Love the header picture, too.

Sigh...I gotta get out of the city.

Bob said...

The foresst preserves are very near to us. I love the ones that have a pond or lake to sit by and watch the ducks.

Amrita said...

You live surrounded by natural beauty, enjoy that and the the lazy summer days.

Candace Jean July 16 said...

Which weekend were we supposed to be there? Beam me there, please. Mountains, lakes, and a Boz-fix. Yeah, I could handle that. Looks like God's country to me! Trade you some mountains for some sweet corn!

Helen said...

Again, NotBob was the commenter from last night.
One day I when Bob forgets to sign out, I will leave mushy comments in his name all across the blogusphere.....That'll teach him....