I can't imagine life in a faster lane than this. And here's why I prefer life in the not-so-fast lane, especially in the summer:
1. Twenty minutes down the road and I'm deep in the woods. That means pine trees, the river, wildlife and peace.
2. Sitting on my porch in the lazy afternoon hours does not include listening to traffic.
3. I'm surrounded by mountains. Big mountains. And lakes. Lots of lakes.
4. Camping is usually 'right up the road' and consists of lots of walks by the lake, many hours reading in the shade, and big ol' campfires in the evening.
5. Eating popsicles on the front porch.
6. Early morning coffee on the deck while enjoying the mountain views.
7. BBQ'ing with friends and letting the kids make s'mores for us around the fire pit.
8. Watching the garden grow. Finally.
9. Clear evening skies means lots of stars to see.
10. The sound of crickets and frogs in the evening.
These are just to name a few. What is your favorite thing about life in the not-so-fast lane?