Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My View From The Cheap Seats



This was my view of the local baseball game last night and once the sun decided to hang out a little closer to the mountainous horizon it was quite enjoyable.

To be honest, baseball is not my favorite sport. But, this is a team of college boys playing in the wooden bat league, and with a view like this, who doesn't enjoy some small town (OK, maybe medium town) baseball. In my opinion, this is what the sport is about. Young men playing baseball with REAL bats and entertaining the locals, the announcer giving out prizes for the correct answer to baseball trivia, kids getting down to the Chicken dance, crazy mascots running around, chatting with the strangers around you, cold beer (although overpriced) and peanuts in the shell.

Now that's how I like to enjoy viewing my mountains on a warm summer evening.

9 comments:

sherri said...

Annie- I'm a huge baseball fan, so this seems like a wonderful evening for me!

I love everything about baseball-except that I think they need cheerleaders! I always offer my services...they always say NO!

Annie K said...

Sherri, I can hardly believe they'd say no to you. Dreadful.

Amrita said...

I don 't understand baseball unfortunately.We have cricket here.

Shark Bait said...

These poor Americans with their limited patience, and quicky baseball games.

Cricket is a real game, where you can play for five days, and still not have a winner.

They say the English had no concept of eternity, so they invented Cricket to try and understand it.

<-SB><

Helen said...

It sounds delightful. My Sixty year old cousin has played softball EVERY year since he was a small boy. Sometimes I like to watch those games. It's more real when you know the people.

Rebecca on The Homefront said...

Looks like a beautiful evening! I'm not much of a sportsfan myself, but I think hometown games are the best to watch.

Amrita said...

your comment SharkBait, fell off my chair reading it.

Recently my BIL was roped in play baseball with his Cabnadian church friends and he ended up playing it like cricket. It was hillarious my sister was tellingme.

Billy Coffey said...

The cheap seats always have the best view. Baseball, wooden bats, and mountains? That's my kinda night.

Mare said...

Sounds great, especially with the mountains in the distance...