Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Get Me Out Of This House!

Ok, I am going crazy being cooped up in this house. I do not make a very good sick person and I am going to work tomorrow no matter what. Joining me in 'sick bay' is Jon, who is even worse off than I am. And, he coughed, like crazy-hack-cough-can't-catch-my-breath-cough...All. Night. Long. So neither of us got much sleep. So, not only am I cranky because I'm cooped up, but I'm bored out of my mind. I have watched movies, television, read all of my magazines at least three times (and it's a bummer because they are all cooking magazines, so even if I felt the slightest desire to whip up some epicurean delight I have no energy for it) and I made a pact with myself to 'KILL! KILL! KILL!' the two flies that are buzzing incessantly around the skylight in my bedroom. They have to come down eventually and I'll be waiting with the electric fly zapper...

Finally today, after watching the White House news conference on Foxnews (yes, I am a Foxnews junkie) and having the sudden urge to hurl my TV remote at the extremely arrogant and classless White House Press Secretary, Robert Gibbs (in hopes of it actually hitting him), I realized I am ready to get back to my normal everyday routine. And to think that I was just contemplating how mundane it was. Oy.

As mentioned, I have had plenty of time to catch up with the news. I thought I would share a story that ticked me off even more so than the whole AIG scamdal. So, Katdish, here's your 'Annie-rant'. And it's not even political.

"A mother is appealing for women to have sex with her adopted Down Syndrome son.

Lucy Baxter, of Abingdon, Oxfordshire in southern England, says she will even pay for a prostitute so he can lose his virginity. The mother has now set up a Web page for her son, Otto, appealing for potential dates to come forward.
Baxter has three other adopted sons with Down syndrome and works with Mencap, the U.K.'s leading charity for people with disabilities.

"I'd like all my boys to find love and enjoy sex," she said. "I always look at what other people are doing and why shouldn't they do the same things?

"I strongly believe, and have always said, that society has a learning disability when it comes to Down syndrome," she continued. "If he doesn't get a girlfriend, I will feel really bad, because I have sold him this thing that he is like everybody else. That's why I'm working overtime to get this sorted for him."


Ok, this woman is a disaster and a disgrace. There is absolutely nothing OK with paying a whore to have sex with your child and that is one of the most irresponsible things any parent could do. She wants her child to experience sex and is willing at all costs to exploit him and this fact. Of course she'll make sure that any woman up for the challenge of helping her son lose his virginity is thoroughly screened for any STD's and the HIV/AIDS virus. Isn't that what any responsible parent would do? Lady, you are ridiculous and I hope people flood your website and tell you just what a disgraceful thing you're doing. To have a fulfilling life one doesn't have to have sex bought for them - and if you really wanted to show your son love, you'd allow him to have relationships with people who love him for who he is. You are only proving to him 'just how much he isn't like everybody else' by doing this. And that, is very sad indeed.

And there you have it. This is what happens to Annie after six days of being cooped up. Get me out of the house already!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

First Annie K, I am glad your feeling better!! Did you kill those pesky flies yet??

And as far as that umm. mother?? What a disgrace!! That poor boy doesn't know what he is in for!!

Irresponsible X1000!!!

Beth said...

Oh my. Really? Just when I think I can't be surprised anymore....

And I felt the same way last week. I was in my house from Sunday afternoon until Friday evening. Trying to take care of my kids while being half sick myself. AHHHHHH!

sherri said...

WHAT?!

God protect that boy!

God bless Annie and Jon with health and peace, and some good epicurean food.

I love to cook for sick people. If you flew here, I'd make you some homemade chicken soup!

The flight might be hard on the sick though, and I'm certain the other passengers will love being couped up with Jon the Hacker.

Helen said...

That is very sad. Sex is about so much more than......well.......physicality. There is an emotional bond. I can understand her wanting him to experience being in love and loved, but you can't pay for that, or even have that donated. He is going to be hurt. This is awful

katdish said...

"If he doesn't get a girlfriend, I will feel really bad, because I have sold him this thing that he is like everybody else. That's why I'm working overtime to get this sorted for him."

That pretty much sums it up. It's all about how she's going to feel. I would beat the crap out of that woman if I ever met her. (In a loving, Christian way, of course.)

Wendy said...

Um, ewww.