Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Favorite Place (when not in Mexico)

Maybe it's because I grew up along the banks of the Deschutes (pronounced De Shoots) River, surrounded by forests, mountains, lakes and trails that I love being in the middle of it. The forest that is. I love to get away and go to this little cabin and just watch the river roll by. Jon and I had a fabulous weekend away and I thought I'd share some of the beauty of the Metolius River with you. Bozley had a fabulous time as well and we were definitely not ready to come back to the real world. But one day, I am sure, Jon is going to buy me a little cabin in the woods along the banks of a river...






















And.... dinner...which you can get the recipe here. (Just kidding...we didn't cook the goose. But you can get this fabulous chicken recipe that I whipped up Friday night by visiting my cooking blog.)

13 comments:

Candace Jean July 16 said...

This looks like the perfect place for a weekend away! Well, except for the goose. But now that I know you really didn't cook it....

And I didn't know I won the caption contest!! Woot woot!

Annie K said...

Candace - you will be famous. The caption will be seen by 10's of people. I'm not joking.

And maybe we did cook the goose....

sherri said...

It looks like heaven to me!

I can tell you enjoyed yourself!

You should do this more often!

Annie K said...

Sherri, it was AT LEAST a 4 exclamation point weekend.

Steph at The Red Clay Diaries said...

SOOO very jealous. All that went thru my head was

"But what about their kids?"

"Oh yeah. They have older kids."

Five seconds later:

"So where are the kids?"

"Oh yeah. They have older kids. I hate them."

No, really I'm glad you had a good time! ;)

Beth said...

That's what I was thinking, Sherri! Heaven on earth. And I might be a little jealous like Steph, too. :)

One thing I've been meaning to ask...do you pronounce Bozley with a long "o" or a short "o"? I keep reading it in my head different ways and I want to get his name right...

Annie K said...

Steph, we are lucky beause we can throw the kids a $20 and tell them to make it last for the weekend. It's a fun game we play at our house. (Just kidding. My parents live in town.)

And Beth, it's Bozley like the guy in Charlie's Angels. Bahhhhhh-zley.

Helen said...

I am glad you had a good time. You look very happy and relaxed in the photo. The scenery is beautiful, too.

Michelle said...

That place is freaking gorgeous!!!

I want to go to there, as Liz Lemon says!!! :O)

It is very beautiful!!!

Annie K i do not have a cast YET!!! My toe is not healing the way it should so i need to see another doc. I may go today except it is snowing like crazy and I need to drive there, which i won't do when it is snowing like crazy!!!!

I am glad you had an awesome time!!!!

katdish said...

That looks incredibly fantastic. Perfect snuggie weather. If I visit you, will you cook for me?

Debbie said...

Its beautiful!!!!

Beth said...

Hey Annie, just want to say I've been missin' ya. :)

katdish said...

Aaaaannnnieeeeee! We miss you!