Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I Wouldn't Write It This Way


Today is one of those 'down' days. There is no joy in my spirit what-so-ever and that sounds so selfish to me. I know I am blessed beyond measure. I have a house to call home, food in my cupboards, friends and family who love me, a steady job with great benefits, cars that are paid off and a dog who thinks I rule the earth. But there is one area of my life that brings me tremendous sadness and it has been on my heart and mind with a vengeance lately.

Sometimes I think God does that to us, brings the hard stuff to the surface and makes us think. And I do so morning, noon and night. I think about God's promise in Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." From where I stand, there is no hope in this situation, it is hopeless. From where I stand, there is no future either. But I know that I'm not the author of this story and I don't know the ending. I have to trust that God will supply the hope that I need for what is to be in the future and His plan in this is greater than anything I can fathom.

2 comments:

Bo said...

Praying for you, friend. I love your blog - it's just like you! - Bo

Annie K said...

Thanks Bo - prayers are awesomeness indeed!