Tuesday, October 14, 2008
People Who Matter Most
My lovely friend in Colorado sent this two-part quiz to me this morning. See how you come out on the answers:
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America pageant.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.
I did not get one answer right. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada. I have no idea as to the answers, but in all honesty I could care less.
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special!!
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
This one is easy. I can come up with all kinds of answers because the people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They simply are the ones who care the most.
Ok, that was a bit fluffy, but I think sometimes we take those who mean the most to us for granted. It's a reminder to be thankful for all of the wonderful people in my life.
Counting my blessings...