Thursday, October 23, 2008

Regarding My Post of Earlier Today

So I had this issue at work and I wrote a post about it on my blog early this morning. It involved an outside person posing as an employee and making accusations towards me with the intent of getting me in trouble. After receiving a review from my most loved critic (my husband) I decided to delete it because he thought it was a little too harsh and sounded somewhat bitter. That wasn’t the intention I had and I guess my tough love approach was a little too tough. I’m ridiculously human that way and that is why I have my accountability group (again, my husband).

I would like to say one thing regarding the whole debacle and that is when we do things to others with the motive of hurting them it is never right. Never. No matter what wrongs we think have been amassed against us or how justified we believe we are, it is not OK to do hurtful, spiteful things towards others even though we think they deserve it. Every person is guilty of doing such things, and that includes me. I am the first to admit how humanly crummy I have been or can be at times but I’m not going to carry the burden of vengeance towards others around because the weight of that is crushing. That is like having a semi-truck sized bag of bitterness on my back and life is too short to do that to myself. Learning to let go is one of the hardest things to do but it's necessary to allow ourselves and those around us to live life to the fullest.

No comments: