There are things in my life that I sometimes take for granted. I don't mean to, but I get into the groove of everyday life and it just happens. I don't want to live a 'granted' life, I want to live a thankful life. So, I have decided to start a new habit of taking a moment each day to really reflect on what I'm thankful for. I hope that it will lessen the grantedness and help me to see just how lucky I am and what blessings I have.
Here are a few things that I am thankful for.
1. That I love my husband more each day and we we have a great time together no matter where we are or what we're doing.
2. Being able to wrap my arms around my kids and feel their arms wrapped around me.
3. The awesome relationship I have with my parents.
4. Sitting around with my whole family and laughing about growing up in the small town of Bend.
5. That my kids are secure in knowing how much I love them.
6. Being in perfect health.
7. Lifelong friends that no matter how long it's been since you've seen them, it's just like it was yesterday.
8. 70 degree sunshiny days in November.
9. A coffee pot that always works when I push the button first thing in the morning.
10. Hearing my children laugh.
That's just a few on my list and I could go on and on now that I've gotten started. So what totally awesome things would you have on your list? I'd love to know.
Here's to new habits!