Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Christmas Gift Giving Guide From Buzz By Annies

The Christmas gift buying frenzy is in full swing as proven by Black Friday newscasts showing ridiculously long lines of people waiting to get that buy of the season. In a most unfortunate incident an employee at a Long Island Wal-Mart was killed in the crush of early morning shoppers and to those who were involved in that, shame on you. Seriously.

As I have mentioned, I'm not big on the day-after-Thanksgiving shopping melee, but to those of you who are, I have not problem with that. I'm just not into getting up at 5am to fight over half-priced socks at Freddie's. I am, however, a huge fan of online shopping. It literally is shopping at the push of a button, or a few clicks of the mouse. So, for those of you who would like to avoid the crowds, it's time to give Christmas shopping from the comfort of your own home a try. Here are a few suggestions for buying the perfect gift for that loved one or dear friend.

1. The Sarcastic Ball

Some of our friends and family need a little abuse now and then. If you are not around to dish it out, the Sarcastic Ball will do a lovely job of taunting them with sayings like, "ask me if I care" and "yeah right". With over 20 sarcastic saying this is the gift that keeps on giving.

2. Chicks Dig You Bowl

Get that special man in your life pumped up with a daily dose of affirmation by giving him the 'Chicks Dig You!' bowl. Catchy phrases like, 'You're the Man!', 'You're Handsome!', 'You're Strong!' and 'You're Charming!' will help to raise self-esteem and build confidence. He'll be a new man before you know it. Available in several colors.

3. The Coughing Ashtray

Perhaps you know someone who has struggled with smoking and would like to quit. Here is your chance to show them just how much you care and that help is on the way. Give that smoker the gift of the Coughing Ashtray that looks like real lungs. Each time the smoker places a cigarette onto the ashtray it activates a real-life simulated disturbing coughing and screaming fit. Now that is saying 'I care about your lungs'.

4. Lookin' Good for Jesus Virtuous Vanilla Lip Balm

Here is a way to help that special someone be worthy and be noticed with the Virtuous Vanilla lip balm. This lip balm comes in SPF 182 for those moments when the heat is really turned up. They will be tight with Christ by looking their Sunday best with the Virtuous Vanilla Lip Balm.

5. The Boyfriend Arm Pillow

Now your favorite gal pal will never feel lonely again with the ultra snugly Boyfriend Arm Pillow. She can curl up on the couch with this comforting arm that will wrap around her as if to say, 'I'm sorry work was rotten today,' or 'No, you pick what we watch tonight,'. This is a gift that truly says, 'you're not alone'.

6. The Benefit From My Opinion Cards
Do you ever feel as though people just don't understand where you're coming from? Well now is your chance to tell people just what your opinion is with these fabulous opinion card books. Each book contains 47 tear-out cards that allow you to give those around you some much needed advice whether they need it or not. Never again will they wonder what your opinion is.

These are just a few of the insanely precious gifts that I plan on giving this Christmas season to those lucky ones in my circle of friends and family. What are some of your favorite gifts that those around you be receiving this Christmas?

8 comments:

Bo said...

Oh my goodness...I pretty much want this whole list! :) I also believe strongly in online shopping - not as much for the deals as for the rarity of the finds. I just love the stuff I've found this year and I've done it without trampling store employees at 5 a.m. so there's also that.

Anonymous said...

I just love the coughing ashtray! (I don't smoke).
I did not get up early to brave the mob. Believe it or not, by 10:30 things had calmed down, and I got my mom a new t.v. at Circuit City. And I got the 5 a.m. deal too, because the salesguy responsible for passing out vouchers at the door forgot to pass out some of the vouchers for this television to people on the end waiting outside, so some t.v.'s were just waiting for people nervey enough to ask if they still had the door buster sale at 10:30. At first my saleslady was like "I'm sure that we wouldn't have any left, but I'll go see..." and then she came back and told me about the mistake. Lucky me! If they didn't have it, we would have looked at other stuff, because momma really wants a new t.v...

BTW This is Helen signing in anonymously so that she doesn't end up signing in as Bob again :-)

Sherri said...

My sons and I ALL have the sarcastic ball (a gift from my preacher-Dad). I didn't realize they were mass marketed now. We could have been billionaires with our "cut you off at the knees" comments! Oh, well, a day late... a billion dollars short!
I can't get Big Al or my Mom to get one, though. Even for free- I have offered to "teach them" my skills. They are just not interested.

Loved all your gift ideas!

Mare said...

Oh, I love the boyfriend arm pillow. So many questions. Does the shirt come in different styles? I mean, what if I didn't feel like my boyfriend should wear a polo. What about a nice suit, or a hunky sport uniform, or what about the girls that go for the punky guys? Do they provide black ripped sleveless boyfriend arm pillows?

Sherri said...

Please take my quiz on my site!

Beth said...

One word: HILARIOUS!

Matt @ The Church of No People said...

Those were awesome. I'm pretty sure my wife's single friends own some version of the 'man pillow.' Personally, I wish my wife had kept hers! She always wants me to be her pillow.

Annie K said...

Bo, I'm very proud of you for the no 'tramplige' on Black Friday. They must not have had Virtuous Vanilla Lip Balm in stock.

Helen, there you are sneaking into my blog again... ;)

Sherri, how about a Sarcastic Pillow to lay your head on. It could send someone off to dream land with all those lovely sayings. (Can you say nightmare?)

Mare, if we did a hippie pillow would it smell like hemp? I'd be afraid of the 'fire-liability' factor. But we could definitely come up with a wife-beater t-shirt edition.

Matt, you could get your wife the gift that keeps on giving(pillow) and be a hero this Christmas! Brilliant!