Thursday, January 22, 2009
How To Feel Good In This Mess
It's been a crazy week so far and I haven't had much time to sit down and write the post that has been stewing in my brain. I didn't even watch the inauguration, well, I saw Rick Warren give the invocation and caught a few snippets on Hannity, but that was about it. There is a lot going on in this world, country, state, town that I live in and a lot of it is not good. The State of Oregon is heading towards (or perhaps we're in) a financial disaster, unemployment is at a record high and the outlook is bleak. It's easy to dwell on the bad news, but God tells us to dwell on Him and all that is good. So, that is what I'm going to do. This is my list of all that I am thankful for and I hope you'll play along and tell others what your thankful for (you too lurkers - eh'hem'... Mr./Mrs./Ms. Palo Alto....). I've heard it makes you feel better.
1. God. He's big, loving and if he'll take care of the birds I know he's got my back.
2. Jon. There is a place in heaven for that man marrying me.
3. My children. They try me...oh, how they try me. But the hugs, kisses, laughs and cuddling is all worth it.
4. Family. I have a lot of family and it seems to be ever growing. Plus we really like being around each other. Good times abound.
5. Friends. I love the ones that live near me and I can't wait to meet the witty, crazy, beautiful ones I've made here at this little corner of the internet.
6. Bozley. Yeah, I love my little dog. What can I say.
7. My home. It may have decreased in value according to the market, but to me, it's a blessing that God has provided for me and my family and I'm thankful to have a place to rest my head every night.
8. My surroundings. No matter what, I live in a beautiful place and God made me the kind of person that loves to enjoy it. He's cool that way.
9. My job. I am verrrrrry thankful for this.
10. Blessings. God has made sure that we are taken care of and I am thankful for all he has done. I can't even begin to express just how thankful I am.
Yes, I feel better.
Still counting my blessings.