Friday, January 2, 2009

Buzz By Annie's Potato Pancakes

New Years Eve was fairly quiet at our house. Jon and I went out to dinner and then made a mad dash for home where we watched TV for most of the evening. Yeah, we live life on the edge. So come morning, I asked Jon what he wanted for breakfast and he happened to mention there were left over mashed potatoes and they would make some very nice potato pancakes. Hey, this girl can take a hint and off to the kitchen I went. I like to serve the pancakes topped with scrambled eggs and salsa - an awesome New Year's breakfast no doubt.

Buzz By Annie's Potato Pancakes

3 cups (or so) of left over mashed potatoes
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 Tablespoons flour
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Place a skillet over medium high heat and add 3-4 Tablespoons of olive oil into the skillet. Take about a 1/2 cup of the potatoes at a time and form into patties and place in the skillet when the oil is heated. Let the patties cook until the underside is golden (the Parmesan cheese makes a really nice crust) and then carefully turn and let cook on the other side, approx 3-4 minutes each side.



While the pancakes are cooking, prepare and scramble some eggs. When the pancakes are golden brown on both sides, it's time to plate them up! I like to just mound everything - so put one or two pancakes on a plate, top with some scrambled eggs and salsa. Voila!

9 comments:

Mare said...

yum!!!!

I'm not a fan of hashbrowns, but the idea of mashed potatoes being made into pancakes is something entirely different. Sounds fantastic.

Sherri said...

Yummo!

Looks delicious and easy, jst how I like my recipes!

* I also love parmesan chese on EVERTHING!

That's `Mr. Matt' 2 U said...

Does this recipe work for 14? Because every recipe I use needs to work for 14. You know what I'm saying?

Annie K said...

Hey....it's my brother!! Uh, I think you'll have to maybe more than double the recipe..!

Helen said...

Sounds delicious. It should be in the book! ;-)

Sherri said...

Can' even imagine cooking for 14!

Or the grocery bill!

Annie's brother, BLESS YOUR HEART!

Steph at The Red Clay Diaries said...

Ooooo, I'm gonna show to my hubby! He made potato pancakes with leftover Christmas mashed potatoes. And he wasn't satisfied with the result. (I'm always thankful when he cooks, cuz it means I don't have to heat up soup.)

But I'm sure he'd like another recipe to try.

wv: heemi
Who's that awesome chef guy? Heemi husband!

katdish said...

Wow. Did you just make that up? That's awesome! I am also going to show this to my husband!

"I'm always thankful when he cooks, cuz it means I don't have to heat up soup." (It's like she's typing for me.)

Steph - we should take turns commenting for each other sometimes. But you're gonna have to dash your new year's resolution about not teasing Sherri, cuz Homey don't play that.

Gabby (sherri) said...

Please come check out my new blog site, "DEAR GABBY,".

Be the first real person to leave a comment!