Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Productive Morning, Or Not

I ran out of the house this morning and when I got to work I realized I had forgotten my breakfast and lunch. No food = Hangry Annie (hungry + angry). It could get ugly today. Not that skipping a few meals is going to kill me or anything because when I put on my skinny jeans yesterday I realized that someone, over the holidays had obviously washed them in hot water. Maybe today is a good day to fast.

The reason I ran out of the house this morning is because I was running late due to the fact I got caught up watching this piece of journalistic awesomeness.

That led to me watching some videos of Dennis Miller (I love this guy. I used to watch his 'Weekend Update' skit on SNL and especially dig the fact that he is 'Hollywood Common Sense' (meaning he leans to the right and thinks Barbara Boxer is a moron. Ok, that's not nice, but I am far-leaning right, am very opinionated when it comes to politics and that is all I have to say about that.) This is from quite awhile ago, but hang in there. His bit on environmentalism and global warming is reallllllly good. I promise.




And then I had to watch this. Again...and again...and again... Jon can only dream(and so can I).





Which lead to this...(ok, I digress)




And now you see why I was late. But, guess what, folks? That's the news and I - am - out - of - here! (where is the quote from?).

12 comments:

Steph at The Red Clay Diaries said...

Great videos! I think the one in the sauna may have been the best.

shrri said...

Okay, glad to meet another weirdo. I loved all of these!

S H E R R I said...

Yes, I misspelled my name.

Helen said...

I am partial to the ladies who will get an eyeful later. It reminds me of a joke that I don't know if I can share in cyberspace...
The punchline is "yes, but this one is eating my popcorn."

katdish said...

"this piece of journalistic awesomeness" is a bit of a stretch, but okay, I'll take it!

Dennis Miller had so many great lines in that clip that I'm gonna have to watch it over and over again! "Kickin' *ss and takin' hyphenated names" - how great is that?

The beer commercial - I've never seen that and it was hilarious!

Who doesn't love a good man-boob joke?

Helen - you gotta email me that joke!

katdish said...

Oh! I completely missed that Sherri misspelled her own name. Classic!

Annie K said...

Katdish, I especially loved when SS gave out the email and the look on his face. Priceless.

Yeah, the hyphenaed names and telling his kids they moved to Phoenix. Brilliant.

Annie K said...

Helen..I think I've heard that joke before but....

Helen said...

I have emailed you all the joke. I hope no one is offended. I wouldn't want to duck popcorn. Teehee.

katdish said...

Okay: Joke mucho funny! But the duck changed into a rooster midway through the joke, which begs the question: Is he related to Sherri?

Annie K said...

Sherri=Rooster? Is that #8 on her list?

Helen said...

Okay, when I originally heard the joke, it was a duck. I googled "but this one is eating my popcorn" so that the joke would not be rambling like I do, but make sense. Unfortunately, this one had a rooster instead of a duck. I think ducks are funnier than roosters, so I changed it but I missed a rooster. Sorry. It was a duck. It was always a duck. It will always be a duck.

A duck, a priest, and an Irishman walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, some kind of a joke?"