Monday, April 20, 2009

Peace and Highlights

What a great extended weekend it's been out here on the river. I find that the older I get the more I like solitude, peace and quiet. Maybe it's because peace has been somewhat elusive in my adulthood and out here in the woods I find it in abundance. I want to share some highlights of my weekend, and if nothing else, perhaps it will encourage you to seek the places that feed your soul...

Highlight #1: I can't imagine a better view from my back deck than this.



Highlight #2: This is one of many springs that feed the river. This place is literally my 'well spring of life'.



Highlight #3: Fishing is always better with a buddy and a snack.



Highlight #4: Boys and frogs.



Highlight #5: This goose can be seen from my bedroom window and she has been there sitting on her nest all weekend.



Highlight #6: Her patience paid off.



Highlight #7: This little guy was so intent on what was in the tree he let me get up close and personal (notice the heart shaped hole).



Highlight #8: Helloooo.



Highlight #9: Like mother, like daughter.



Highlight #10: I don't think water gets any more crystal clear than this.



Highlight #11: Life is always better in pairs.



Highlight #12: Boz. Of course.



Blessings and peace to you this awesome Monday!

6 comments:

Diane said...

Well, I'm inspired... and I need inspiration lately.

Boz is as cute as my boy (and I don't say that often!)

sherri said...

Gorgeous pictures- looks like heaven. You and baby girl are Beautiful! And those boys and frogs made me smile!

Little new creation sitting in your window melted me, and that old Boz stole my heart.

I'm glad you're refreshed! Now keep passing it along!

Candace Jean July 16 said...

I could escape there in a heartbeat. And oh, do I love that Boz!!

Steph @Red Clay Diaries said...

What a gorgeous setting! I'm glad you're experiencing such peace and rest. And like everyone else, I am definitely a member of the Boz fan club. Especially if you keep posting videos. ;)

Michelle said...

I want to go to there NOW!!!

STUNNING PHOTOS!!!

I am in awe of natures beauty!!

Helen said...

Absolutely breathtaking!