I'm glad tomorrow is Friday. It's been a terribly long week. I mean, it's been a long two days of being back to work after my extremely long and relaxing weekend. (Does that sound like I'm rubbing it in?) (And that is Kenz and her super cool friend Shylo who came with us last weekend. Cute girls huh?)
I had a lot of blog reading 'catch up' to do. I feel like a tool (ok - that is Katdish's word, but I wanted to try it out. I'm not sure it fits me. It's definitely more Katdish.) if I just make the rounds and lurk without commenting. I'm sure it's a lot of undue pressure I put on myself, but my tens or ones of readers are so loyal that I want to be as such for them. And, I am either laughing or crying after reading their blogs. Seriously. It seems my blog buds are extremely sarcastic and funny or completely the other way sensitive. And, if I'm 'gone' for a few days I seem to miss out on all the good stuff.
For instance, Katdish wrote a post about Google analytics. Did you know that someone googled 'annie k boobs' and landed on her site? TWICE. Funny thing is, when I went back and checked out the analytics on my site, someone had Googled the same thing and landed on my site. I'm sure they were very disappointed when they showed up on my blog and found no porn or whatever it was they were looking for. At least no one got here by Googling 'Helen's butt crack'. Seriously.
So after I got home on Tuesday I started pulling weeds. And I ended up doing yard work for 5 hours. I am a serious wuss because my legs have been so sore since - like I did 5,000 squats or something. Note to self: GET IN SHAPE!
I am anticipating the weekend because we are doing.... more yard work! I am actually hiring some friends of Kenz's (guy friends with muscle) to do the serious stuff like move rocks, shrubs, dig out the weeds and grass from my garden area...stuff I hate. A few other things I plan to do this weekend:
1. Celebrate Jon's birthday on Sunday by making a fabulous dinner and wrapping myself in a bow.
2. Buy the highest powered pellet gun I can to shoot the blasted (I REALLY wanted to use another word) dogs next door with. (You think I'm cruel? I'm tired of them chasing me, Jon, the kids, and innocent people walking down the road. And the large rocks I'm pelting them with aren't working. Plus they crap all over my yard. This is war.)
3. Yard work. Ugh.
4. Finish at least one of the books I've started.
5. Sleep in on Saturday until at least 6:45. (You think I'm kidding? Normally I 'arise' at 4:45 every morning and during my extremely long and extended weekend I still 'arose' at 6:00am.)
6. Saturday night church.
7. Hit the river trail with Boz twice.
8. Post a recipe on my food blog. I've been such a slacker. I am ashamed. What would Rachel Ray think? (Speaking of Rachel Ray....)
9. Ponder and pray. It seems there are so many requests lately and there are a few specific people and things that I feel have really been laid upon my heart that I feel led to pray specifically for. And when I pray, I seen to start pondering about them as well...
10. Make sure those who are a part of my life know how much I love them.
OK, I just did the sarcastic to sensitive whiplash and you weren't even expecting it. I'm sneaky like that. Now go have a fabulous Friday. I insist!