Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Dream, Dream, Dream

My sleep came in three stages last night. Dream 1. Dream 2. Dream 3. And they were all pretty crazy. I've never done much study on dreams and it's probably because I'm actually afraid of what's going on in my subconscious when I'm unconscious. But, when I have dreams like I did last night I sure wish I had my Joseph with his coat of many colors.

The last dream is the one that stuck in my head. The gist of it was, I answered my door and my kid's dad was there. He wanted to just put it all behind us and get along. I mean, in an extend huge amounts of grace to each other, bury the hatchet and get along for. the. kids. Just like that. No hashing over who did what to whom. Just forgive and live in peace.

One can hope.

7 comments:

sherri said...

It's a sign.

Doesn't it give you hope?

Helen said...

I do hope that it was your subconscious preparing you because he is ready. I hope. I am not saying that it isn't just your subconscious revealing your own hopes.

Annie K said...

It's probably because it's been on my mind a lot lately.

Beth said...

I dreamed about running cross country, I think, last night.

But it's better than the dreams when my husband is a zombie, my sister is abducted, or all the male kids die at church. Yeah...I have some scary dreams that are in no way related to real life...but I haven't had any lately and my little mustard seed of faith says it's because for the first time, I prayed that God would keep me from nightmares a couple months ago. You think I would have prayed that before...but I never did!

Wow, I'm getting way off the subject. But I hope that YOUR dream comes true, because that one IS possible. Love you!

katdish said...

Allright, I'm gonna have to agree with Sherri on this one.

BTW - Jeff was recounting a dream to us at dinner the other night. Among other things, one of our friend's cat (Socks) began flying around like a bat and flew towards Jeff. Jeff held out his hands and caught him. Socks proceeded to kiss him on the cheek. Jeff asked the cat, "Do you understand what I'm saying?". To which the cat replied, "Not particularly."

I don't know why I shared that, except that I thought it was funny.

Annie K said...

Beth, it's a recurring thing...people around here getting off track. ;)

Katdish, that is pretty funny. My first dream had Beth in it...but I can't really remember what it was about. I probably stole her snuggie or something.

Beth said...

Hands off the Snuggie!!