Friday, February 20, 2009

Ridiculous Item of Week

I have decided to start a weekly post based on the ridiculousness of Oregon because I don't feel it's fair to keep this all to myself. I am going to choose one news item from the week and write about it. If you hear something truly ridiculous about Oregon, feel free to send it my way.

Ever heard of Sam Adams? No, I'm not referring to that tasty beer we all enjoy or one of the Founding Father of this great nation. No, I'm talking about the Mayor of Portland, Oregon's City of Roses.

Seems Sam is in a little hot water with his constituents since it has come to light that he started an inappropriate relationship with a 17 year old intern. While Sam admits that he stole a few kisses when the intern was 17, they didn't actually have sex until the intern was two weeks into his 18th year. Yes, you read that right. Portland was very proud of their first openly-homosexual mayor, until they found out he's a pedophile. The citizens are now calling for his resignation but you know how that goes with public servants.

Hey Sam, I think you should do the honorable thing (and I use honorable loosely because you're in this situation due to dishonorable acts) and resign. And if you're looking for something to do, I hear the position of the 2009 Rose Festival Queen is still available.

Sam, you are ridiculous.

4 comments:

sherri said...

Well, being from the corrupt state of Illinois, I hate to be the pot that calls the kettle black, but yeah, I'm with you. Pedophile trumps attempting to sell the senate seat!

Rediculous!

Diane said...

Well, I have no issue with anyone who is 'openly homosexual' at all (never have, never will), but pedophilia is illegal (though in some states, the age of consent falls below 18, so I think this situation is borderline), so I would take issue with that, of course. But, since the vast majority of politicians, left AND right are ridiculous and dishonest in some way or another, the whole issue isn't surprising or unusual.

Helen said...

I just think it is interesting that to drink a beer, the age of consent is 21, and to risk getting Chlamydia, Aids, Herpes, etc...the age of consent is 18 or even lower in some states... that is a ridiculousness that most states, including the great state of IL, share.

katdish said...

What a dumb*ss.