Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I think last Thursday I decided to start a Thankful Thursday. Or maybe it was the Thursday before that, I'm not sure. I thought of it because one day the thought popped into my head that it seems like devoting just one day per year to being Thankful for all that God has done is so...well, thankless. I mean, he's blessing me throughout the year and it seems like the least I could do is stretch myself and give more time to being thankful. So, I'm going to share something that I'm thankful for.

I have a friend that I've known since I was born. Well, I don't really think I 'knew' her until the remembering function of my brain kicked in at a very small age, but our parents were friends long before we came into existence. In fact, her parents moved up to Bend because mine had. (That's another whole story and I'm not going to share all of that right now because I want to get to the 'meat' of the thanks).

Anyway, Debi must've found my blog through my Facebook and she left a comment today. Which in turn led me to her blog and let me just say that it was a 'knock my socks off blessing' and I want to share it with all my blogger buds.

In Debi's most recent post, her mother Beverly, who is an incredible woman of God, plays a very well known hymn, I Surrender All. I don't want to take away from the simplicity of the picture and song, so I hope you will just wander over to Debi's blog, Lighthouse, and listen to it for yourself. I mean REALLY listen. I think you may be very surprised by what, or more likely 'who' you hear. I promise that you will not be disappointed. If you, by chance are thinking that you don't have time to visit another blog this morning, I encourage you whole-heartedly to do so. I think you may find that this is just the very thing you need.

I hope you have an awesome day, and Debi, thank you for blessing me.

3 comments:

sherri said...

What a great idea she had for inserting the name of someone ( inserted someTHING) in the place of "all".

This was beautiful. Well worth the trip.

Helen said...

I love that hymn.

D. K. Stangeland said...

Don't thank me sista, it's all Him. I'm just a little conduit. I'm glad we're still friends after all these years. You totally ROCK!