Saturday, December 13, 2008

Its Beginning to Look a Lot Like CHRISTmas and Other Stuff

I woke up to the first big snow of the season today. It's been bone dry and the mountains have had absolutely no snow. So this is a good thing...but...I have several very important people who are traveling the mountain pass today and when I looked at the 'RoadCam' it's a complete whiteout. If you wouldn't mind saying a quick prayer for my daughter who will be on a bus full of coaches, wrestlers and stat girls heading home from the coast, Jon, who was over visiting him mom and my brother and his family (wife and 12 kids) who are headed home from California and will be traversing the Siskiyous. (Thanks!)

On Fridays, after work, it's a mad dash home for me because I love the weekend. My mind starts racing from the moment I walk out the door until I pull up into the driveway. Ah, home sweet home. Because it's your lucky day, I thought I'd give you a glimpse as to my thoughts on the 8 minute ride home and how I do 'katdish' in my head.

Whoa, that person has a Bend High sticker on their car. Sweet glory days. Whoa, (two cars down) that person has a Bend High sticker and an Obama sticker. Not cool. Don't they know only Republicans go to Bend High? I wonder who drives it.

How exactly do you pronounce the governor(is a lower case 'g' like giving the middle finger? Should it be uppercase?) of Illinois' name? Blogosjevetsky..Blagoblabojovich, Blewitbigtimeuhvich...

What would Ted Nugent do about the dogs next door that keep coming in our yard and chasing after us? Kill em' and grill em'? Hey, that would be a cool show for someone that is a hunter/chef. And why did I wonder what TED NUGENT would do? Weird.

I think the only carrots I have in the fridge are the ones I bought at Costco that taste horrible. Even with ranch. So I can't put them in the stew. Maybe I should just do goulash again. At least I'm home alone tonight so I don't have to cook.

That was totally ridiculous when Tom Cruise sang Blue Suede Shoes on Jay Leno. What is wrong with that guy? Is he doing the 60's in his head?

Why does the wife of ex read my blog every day? That's like creepy stalker stuff. If she doesn't want anything to do with me why does she care about what I write? Why did I even think about that?

What the heck does Helen the Hungarian look like? She's going to show up to our party in a veil because she wants to mess with us. Dang. Maybe she'll do her 'mouth up to forehead' look for us.

Is Steph from RCD in Deliverance, GA? I should pray for her family if they ever go rafting.

Is every lame driver on the road when I get off work? And why is this guy going 25 in a 35? He should be going 40 because I have to get home so I can leave again and pick my parents up at the airport. 5:25pm. Can I pass on the right?

Why don't I call her Kathy? Katdish sounds cooler anyway. She's brave to take a picture wearing THAT. I'm too vain.

I should do a post about dam stuff.

That lady (next to me at the stoplight) looks sad. I wonder what her story is.

I think Jon was bummed I didn't go with him today. I'm selfish. I need to go visit his mom more. I should have called him before I left for the office lunch party so he could put the studs** on the Tahoe.

Darn, Killian already left with Grandma Wilson. I won't get to see him. I need to give the kids some money to take their Grandma and Grandpa Wilson out for a Christmas dinner.

Wow, Boz is happy to see me.

There you have it. Katdishing in my head about all that is useless and trivial.

And a note about studs**. For those of you who have no idea what those are, it is not a bunch of people driving around with hunkorama on their cars. They are tires with sharp little metaly things that stick out to help the car go better on the snowy roads. Most people put them on November 1st whether there is snow or not so that they can help create jobs for road construction crews by ruining the roads. Jon puts them on only when he drives the mountain pass. Just doing our part to save tax payer dollars.

8 comments:

Mare said...

I really like the way the word 'katdish' has so many meanings in all of our personal dictionaries now.

Katdish (verb) - to...

please, let us define it...

Helen said...

Blahg goy ya vitch that is how Pontius, er, I mean Rod Blagoyevich's name is pronounced.

I already told you, I look like a fat Heat Miser on a bad hair day--but I always cover my bottom with more than glitter! I wasn't planning to wear a veil before, but now that you mention it....

Annie K said...

Mare, Katdish is so versatile that way.

Helen, I hadn't taken you for a glitter girl...

Steph at The Red Clay Diaries said...

Noooo, Steph at RCD does NOT live in Deliverance, GA. Please.

But we do have a river on the back of our property.

And we like to go down and lurk in the woods, watchin the rafters...

I need to get them kids some banjo lessons...

wv: milin
what we do in our woods by the river. "Maybe it's my imagination, but I think there's somebody milin around on the riverbank. Can y'all paddle any faster?"

Steph at The Red Clay Diaries said...

I have to comment again just cuz of the wv:

blutros

The President of the United Nations in Popeye land.

You know,
Blutros Blutros Ghali

I have a fever; can you tell?

Annie K said...

Steph, you know what the difference between a banjo player and guitar player is?

Teeth.

Have the kids take up guitar...

katdish said...

I was going to write something extremely witty and sarcastic, but I am literally wiping tears of laughter out of my eyes after reading the post AND the comments. Dang, Helen! I almost burst a blood vessel!

You gals just KILL me! (Blutros Blutros Ghali, snort!) I hope you're keeping track of all these!

Whew! I gotta go pee...

Beth said...

Man, I leave again and feel like I'm late to the par-tay again...I'm like that annoying kid that just won't go away. I wanna be funny too!!! I wanna, I wanna, I wannnnnnnnnaaaaaah. Pouty pout. I've gotta go catch up on other blogs now...