Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Birthday Love IS Awesome

So today is my birthday and if you roam around in my blogosphere you would probably have guessed it by now. Let's just say that when I checked my blog email this morning (BEFORE work) I was pretty dang tickled by what I saw.

All of my bloggity buds had done Happy Birthday posts on their blogs, and encouraged all of their readers to come over to my blog to wish me happy birthday. Of course the most recent post I'd done was absolutely ridiculous so if they were a 'first-timer' hopefully they didn't do the click and dash. In the words of Stacy "Don't you love having your virtual birthday party on a post about the swine flu?"

Sherri was also out shamelessly telling all of the SCL'ers to come over here and wish me happy birthday. She's cool that way. I'm still waiting for Prodigal Jon to show up. Ehem. It's the least he could do.

I did get Big Al and Bob. I think they're normally lurkers, but today they did what their wives told them to do and came over to wish me HB. How cool is that. And I'm sure they would've done it without their wives telling them to. That's just the kind of guys they are.

Katdish even said some lovely things, and got her dog to pose in what would probably be given an NC-17 rating. But everything was covered by a birthday card so it's all good.

Helen was a shout out warrior this morning, posting on the three blogs she contributes to. Wow. And Candy, Beth, Marni, Steph...

So to all my totally awesome bloggity buds who threw me the biggest blog party I could've hoped for, you rock. No, really, you ROCK! And to all those I've never met who stopped by to wish me a happy birthday, I am extremely humbled that you would take time out of your busy day for a complete stranger. I mean how cool is that?

So, to celebrate my birthday, and because it just happens to be Cinco de Mayo and I love all things Mexican, excuse me while I go enjoy a Pacifico and lime.

13 comments:

Diane said...

Happy Birthday, Chicky-do! Hope your day's been GREAT!!! xo

Michelle said...

I love you ANNIE K!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
I am sorry I didn't write about your birthday on my blog today!!! Forgive please???

Annie K said...

Diane, it's been awesome! (hope your mom is doing well!)

Michelle, tons of love backatcha!!!! ;)

Billy Coffey said...

Hope you had a great birthday, Annie K!

sherri said...

HEy ANnie, it was the least I could do.

On my birthday, send Velveeta and Stilettos and we call it even!

Mrs. Nikki Blockhan said...

So, I was reading SCL and saw your friends plug for your birthday. I had to come and see what the 'buzz' was all about. Well, I got totally sucked in by your blog and decided to become a follower! I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Annie K said...

Thanks Billy - it HAS been awesome!

Sherri, you rock the whole deal. (I don't know what that means, but probably that I think you're pretty cool!)

Nikki, welcome to my blog and I hope to see you around!! ;)

Gabrielle Eden said...

Happy birthday Annie!!!

Mrs. Nikki Blockhan said...

Too funny! Well, I am but I was not born there....and I am not 100%...but who cares! ;) I hope your friends are happy...us Greek's are a wonderful bunch, but we are definitely stubborn! :)

Thanks for the welcome comment!

blognut said...

Happy Birthday. I'm late, but you'll learn that about me; I am always late.

Helen said...

Happy Birthday, Annie. Don't forget that Friday is No Socks Day. Love you!

sharilyn said...

i think your swine flu (oops! excuse me... H1N1 Influenza A!) post was AWESOME!! :) {oink.oink}

Amrita said...

Happy birthday to you.

Lots of love