Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day Mom

Today is Mother's Day and I will be celebrating this day by taking my very awesome mom to breakfast. A few of the reasons why I think my mom is the best are:

* She has a huge heart for others.

* She can grow a mean flower garden.

* She makes the best tulip bouquets.

* She isn't afraid to go on mission trips to places like Turkey (where she got everyone arrested), Libya, Palestine and she even considered Beirut and Iraq.

* She loves, loves, loves her family.

* We are best friends and talk to each other nearly every day.

* She's a home-cooking type cook. Yum.

* She forgives.

* She is a woman of God.

* She's been married to dad (who's a darn spectacular guy) for over 45 years.

* She is kind and extremely generous.

I've learned a lot from my mom and we truly have a great relationship and enjoy spending time together. So Happy Mother's Day mom. I love you mucho.

And to all the mom's out there, Happy Mother's Day. Thanks for making a difference in all you do.

6 comments:

Candace Jean July 16 said...

Once again, proof that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Great tribute to your mom, Annie. Have a blessed day with her, and Happy Mother's Day to you, too!

Kathy said...

Terrific Mother's Day post!

Amrita said...

Wow Annie your Mom is a great lay.

Happy Mother 's Day to both of you.

Have a lovely outing together

katdish said...

Happy Mother's Day, Annie!

Bob said...

Happy Mother's Day, Annie.
I know, Katdish already said that. What can I do? That's what happens when I get here a day later than everyone else. ;-)
Oh, and I hope you enjoyed no socks day and lost sock day.

Michelle said...

Hope you had a spectacular Mama's Day!!!

Your the bestest!!!