It's Friday and I'm off to the valley to listen to my daughter's high school choir sing at a college. (For those of you who don't know what 'the valley' is, it's a very wet place about three hours from my house. It constantly rains (or so it seems). They have greener grass than we do over here in the mountains, but I'll take sun over green grass any day.) It's been a crazy week and I'm anticipating the three day weekend, so-to-speak. Maybe I'll finally be able to catch up on my blog reading/commenting/twittering/Facebook. I know you all are missing my extremely deep, enlightening, humorous and sometimes sarcastic comments. Ok, probably not as much as I think.
To get the weekend started, I thought I'd share with you some things I observed this week.
1. I really do have kewl blog friends who know how to do up a birthday the right way. I had more hits (on my blog people...on my blog) than ever before and a lot of total strangers just stopped in to give me a big ol' happy birthday. How awesome is that.
2. I realized I am my own worst critic and that it's a habit I need to break.
3. During the jury duty selection process you can not yell 'I object your honor' while being questioned by the lawyer.
4. Tequila is either really good or really bad. There is no in between.
5. Love IS buying your spouse a new coffee grinder. (OK, it was probably because he didn't want to hear me talk mean to the old one anymore.)
6. It is not a good idea, during jury selection, to state your name and the words 'I grow pot' in hopes of getting out of jury duty.
7. I think Jimmy was right when he said, 'love doesn't conquer all.'
8. Having Honey Bunches of Oats in the house at all times helps to avoid conflict.
9. My mom makes the best strawberry/rhubarb crisp. Period. (You can argue this one with me all you want but you will not win.)
10. God isn't finished with me yet.
Have a fab-o Friday and folks, I am outta here.