Tuesday, May 26, 2009

In Living Color

My weekend was pretty darn good. There were a few downs, but for the most part, the weather was wickedly awesome, the wildlife was in living color, the RV was better than Motel 6 (and I know the sheets were clean - cause that always freaks me out about hotels), the stump made a smokin' hot fire and God put me in check. I thought I'd share some of the highlights, with commentary (of course) of my weekend. I know you're all waiting with abated breath.

Dog, you're going for a swim because it amuses me (check out Boz's face), but him, not so much.



Holy mackerel! It's a life-size chia pet.



Reenactment of the 'Dove that Noah sent out'.



Oh good heavens Jon, yes, I'm in a fog. I'm still on my first cup for Pete's sake. (And check out what Boz thinks of the whole deal. Yes, he's really doing that.)



Dog, I am so coming after you. (yes, Boz headed for the deer, but when she put her head down and started coming after him....)



Veni...



Vidi...



Vici...


(Seriously. We just heard this crunching sound, the chipmunk was taking no prisioners and then he took off with the bone. Dude...)

Can you believe that the gal who has worked at the lake for years has only seen one otter?



And we saw all three (click on the picture to check out those choppers!)...



Yes, sometimes I just am this happy.



Because of this...



And this....



And it's where I find peace.

I hope you all had an awesome weekend!

Annie

12 comments:

Helen said...

Beautiful. I am glad you captioned those pictures though. I may have embarassed myself on the first picture by commenting what an odd looking fish you people caught. But he does make a cute dog.

sharilyn said...

love the chia pet!! great discovery!

love the chipmunk-takes-the-bone series...absolutely delightful!!! :)

thanks for sharing your wonderful weekend away!

Michelle said...

Just stunning!!

Your so pretty and Boz is so cute and the sunsets are gorgeous!!!

HAPPY HUMP DAY TO YOU!!!

Beth said...

I wanna go campiiiing....(whine, whine)!

Mare said...

Wow Annie, I can hardly believe you saw all these things in one weekend. The Chia pet cracked me up!!

katdish said...

Oh, I so want to go up there!

D. K. Stangeland said...

Ha ha homey! You so funny. Still workin' off Friday's breakfast. Oy!

Candace Jean July 16 said...

Take me there, please. What a gorgeous place.

Those otters just might be able to replace awesome cat.

Billy Coffey said...

You are a true hick at heart, aren't you? I'm so proud.

Glad you had a great time, Annie.

Amrita said...

Wow the Lord has blessed you with alot of natural beauty around you to enjoy

Warren Baldwin said...

Linked here from "Church of No People." I appreciated the photographs, esp of the mountains. They create a sense of peace and presence (of God). Since I used to live in Wyoming before moving to the flatlands, pictures of mountains are wonderful. wb

Annie K said...

Warren, thanks for stopping by. I lived in Big Horn and it was a great place. Reminds me of here. It would be tough to go from mountains to Kansas. I mean Kansas is F-L-A-T!