I am glad that the week for me is over. I have a great job with lots of vacation and so I save it all up for the end of the year (our year is July to June) and start taking 3-day weekends in May and then a week or two in June. I really need the extra time off this week. I'm brain dead, heart dead, joy dead and dead tired. Sometimes life just goes that way. We all know life just stinks sometimes, we get some stuff figured out (or not) and keep trudging along. It's all part of the adventure I suppose.
I started a gazillion posts this week, but couldn't seem to get the words from the heart to the head to the fingers...and finally last night just gave up trying to finish anything. So this is what you get. It's kind of like left over mashed potatoes and creamed corn. While they are really good the first night, maybe not so much the next. Really, if I could, I'd give you left over lasagna, because we all know it's better the next day, but I just can't seem to get it done. So here is my lame attempt at giving you something.
1. If you are going to hire a sign company to make signs for your business, they should probably know basic spelling rules. (like 'drop the e, add ing') Yes, this is an actual sign, on the side of an actual building, that houses and actual business that makes money in Bend. Seriously.
2. Believing that you are not worth receiving God's love and grace is like calling God a liar.
3. The first step is usually pretty tricky in the dark. Turn on the lights.
4. When a child is devastated because they feel depressed, alone and rejected it is the most hopeless feeling in the world.
5. People who appear tough on the outside are usually the mushiest on the inside.
6. I really hate meth(and drugs in general) and it is a huge problem in this town. So when a dealer is busted and a 'family member' anonymously says this about them: 'He had no addiction to anything but trying the only way he knows how to put a roof over his familys head" I want to love them the best way I know how and smack them upside their head. (Yeah, right... he's selling to/ruining/killing our kids so he can feed his kids. I will so Zena-love that dude if he crosses my path.)
7. Next weekend I will be staying in my RV with Jon up in the mountains by a lake. This is the actual RV, sitting in my backyard. While I may appear to be 'hip and all-that', I am a redneck girl at heart. What can I say. (Yes, that is a Corona bottle with one of my prized roses in it. And a Spam t-shirt. Mock me if you must.) (click on photo to see a larger picture)
8. I find I am kind of irritated by those who loudly preach tolerance but only tolerate those who think/believe like them.
9. Every once in awhile I crack myself up. I think we all need that sometimes. Even if we don't crack anyone else up.
10. These are the most comfortable shoes I own. And I happen to think they're pretty cool (they're VANS for Pete's sake). I have walked miles in these shoes. But while I may be comfortable in my shoes, it doesn't necessarily mean that I am comfortable in my life.
While I understand that the words in my post may not be ultra-encouraging, let me leave you with some that are:
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you, declares the Lord, and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile. (Jeremiah 29:11-14).
**As a side note to my blog friends, I have been super busy at work and by the time I get home I am exhausted. I try to read your posts but don't always comment. Just know that while I may be silent on the blogs, I think about y'all daily.
I hope you all have an awesome weekend.