Thursday, May 14, 2009

Things I Observed This Week

I am glad that the week for me is over. I have a great job with lots of vacation and so I save it all up for the end of the year (our year is July to June) and start taking 3-day weekends in May and then a week or two in June. I really need the extra time off this week. I'm brain dead, heart dead, joy dead and dead tired. Sometimes life just goes that way. We all know life just stinks sometimes, we get some stuff figured out (or not) and keep trudging along. It's all part of the adventure I suppose.

I started a gazillion posts this week, but couldn't seem to get the words from the heart to the head to the fingers...and finally last night just gave up trying to finish anything. So this is what you get. It's kind of like left over mashed potatoes and creamed corn. While they are really good the first night, maybe not so much the next. Really, if I could, I'd give you left over lasagna, because we all know it's better the next day, but I just can't seem to get it done. So here is my lame attempt at giving you something.


1. If you are going to hire a sign company to make signs for your business, they should probably know basic spelling rules. (like 'drop the e, add ing') Yes, this is an actual sign, on the side of an actual building, that houses and actual business that makes money in Bend. Seriously.


2. Believing that you are not worth receiving God's love and grace is like calling God a liar.

3. The first step is usually pretty tricky in the dark. Turn on the lights.

4. When a child is devastated because they feel depressed, alone and rejected it is the most hopeless feeling in the world.

5. People who appear tough on the outside are usually the mushiest on the inside.

6. I really hate meth(and drugs in general) and it is a huge problem in this town. So when a dealer is busted and a 'family member' anonymously says this about them: 'He had no addiction to anything but trying the only way he knows how to put a roof over his familys head" I want to love them the best way I know how and smack them upside their head. (Yeah, right... he's selling to/ruining/killing our kids so he can feed his kids. I will so Zena-love that dude if he crosses my path.)



7. Next weekend I will be staying in my RV with Jon up in the mountains by a lake. This is the actual RV, sitting in my backyard. While I may appear to be 'hip and all-that', I am a redneck girl at heart. What can I say. (Yes, that is a Corona bottle with one of my prized roses in it. And a Spam t-shirt. Mock me if you must.) (click on photo to see a larger picture)


8. I find I am kind of irritated by those who loudly preach tolerance but only tolerate those who think/believe like them.

9. Every once in awhile I crack myself up. I think we all need that sometimes. Even if we don't crack anyone else up.


10. These are the most comfortable shoes I own. And I happen to think they're pretty cool (they're VANS for Pete's sake). I have walked miles in these shoes. But while I may be comfortable in my shoes, it doesn't necessarily mean that I am comfortable in my life.

While I understand that the words in my post may not be ultra-encouraging, let me leave you with some that are:

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you, declares the Lord, and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile. (Jeremiah 29:11-14).

**As a side note to my blog friends, I have been super busy at work and by the time I get home I am exhausted. I try to read your posts but don't always comment. Just know that while I may be silent on the blogs, I think about y'all daily.

I hope you all have an awesome weekend.

11 comments:

D. K. Stangeland said...

Thanks for the sweet post. I think we are in the same canoe but one (or both) of us has lost their paddle. I hate it when that happens! I've been trying to post this week too and I think you nailed it....I'm struggling with believing Jer. 29:11. (Light bulb ON!) Anyway, enjoy your 3 dayer. Nice RV BTW.

Breakfast on a free Friday? Let me know.

sharilyn said...

as an avid spelling and grammar freak, i do so hate it when i see misspells and punctuation errors ("bring you're friends...", for example!) in print...especially BIG print hanging over a street or building! it used to happen constantly at the town where i lived before... i wanted to get up on a big ladder with a paint brush and make corrections!! :)

sherri said...

Okay, just for the record, and before anyone else says something...I DO NOT WORK FOR THAT SIGN COMPANY!

And I don't think that the RV camping/spam chair is redneck at all! I'd love to join the two of you. But I'm NOT wearing flat Vans. They would hurt my feet!

Beth said...

Yesterday I found a terribly misspelled ad in the local housing guide. I made a mental note never to use their services. If they can't even proof their ads....would I really trust them with selling or buying a home for me? But now I'll be paranoid that I'll spell something wrong, cuz then I'll have this nice double standard going. ;)

Anywho...when things are just crappy my pastor's wife calls it "bein' funky" like the good Louisiana girl she is. But you're still clinging to God in your funkiness, so that's all you can do!

And I don't think you could beat Sherri, Steph, OR me in a redneck contest.

And I have a pair of brown Vans I dearly love and will never ever get rid of even though they make me look like a 90's sk8ter boi. (Mispelling on purpose.)

Love ya...

Helen said...

There are worse ways to spell "coming'...just saying....
Enjoy your RV time. I hope you feel better soon.

Michelle said...

Annie K I love you!!

I sure hope you are feeling great! Greater!!! Greatest!!!

Your special and pretty!!! Be well my friend!!

HAPPY WEEKEND!

Michelle said...

Helen I am LOLing!

sherri said...

Beth, are you serious about not using a place due to their typos? Is that how you really feel about me? That I can't be trusted with anything/one significant because I hit the wrong keys and publish without proofreading?
Yikes! I never realized people read so much into typos! Ile tri too dooo beter nest tima.

katdish said...

Ooo! Helen made a dirty joke! Awesome!

I don't know how I missed this post, Annie.

I love your honesty and I love you, my friend.

Billy Coffey said...

An RV with a rose sticking out of a Corona bottle? AWESOME. I have relatives would call something like that home.

I'm working on number three. What you said is true, and I know it's true, but I still refuse to turn the lights on sometimes. I know. I'm an idiot.

Take care of yourself Annie, and feel better soon. We all need you, you know.

Amrita said...

voting for 2,3,4,5.

Very good observations Annie